Thursday, August 14, 2008

10/10 Challenge

Last weekend we looked at the fruit of "goodnesss" in our summer teaching series, Juicy Fruit (a study on the Fruit of the Holy Spirit). We discovered together that part of being good is being generous.

I announced the 10/10 Challenge here at PCC which is a commitment of generosity and obedience. For the next 10 weeks we are all committing to give 10 percent of our income (the tithe) to the work of the Lord here at PCC. God say in Malachi 3:10, "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

God says, "Test me in this." So here's the kicker: if you tithe for ten weeks and God doesn't bless you, we'll refund your money. That's the challenge. Step out in faith and trust God with your finances and watch what He does in return.