Friday, October 12, 2007

It was a "First"


My son, David, got his first hair cut today. He was so cute sitting there in the chair. He never cried once. I must admit that I was a very proud dad. David turns two in just a few weeks. The older you become, the faster time moves.

I started to think about all the "firsts" that my son is going to have:
*first tooth under his pillow
*first day at school
*first encounter with a bully
*first broken heart

Of course, the biggest first ever will be the day he decides to be a Christ follower. As a parent, I want to be there for every "first". I want to be there to give a "high five" or a "hug". There is no substitute for the power of your presence in the life of your child or family. Spend time with your family and loved ones every day. You'll never regret it.