Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Weekend Highlights

The week after Easter @ PCC was lots of fun. Here are some of the highlights:

1. We had a special guest, Comedian Michael Jr. He was absolutely hilarious. It was always my dream to own my own comedy club. But alas, I became a pastor. So it was fun to have a Christian comic come to PCC on a weekend where we gave everyone the opportunity to laugh.

2. God created us with the capacity to laugh. Prov. 17:22 says, "Laughter is like a good medicine." Sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is laugh. Eccl. 3:1 says, "There is a time to laugh." King David said church should be a place of encouragement and laughter when he said in Psalm 122, "I was glad when they said unto me let us go into the house of the Lord to worship." One of the biggest insults to the Holy Spirit is make church boring and dull.

3. I had so many guests come up and thank me for spending a weekend in our series, "Why I" that focused on "Why I laugh." Many people said they haven't even had a reason to crack a smile in weeks. Life is tough. Sometimes you just have to LOL:) That's why Nehemiah said that "The joy of the Lord is my strength."

4. We had tons and tons of new guests and over 100 second-time guests. Our attendance was just shy of 2400. What a great way to follow up Easter Sunday.

5. Next weekend is Mother's Day weekend. Fellas, don't forget to do something nice for your mom. Also, if you are a dad with small children ... be sure to help your little kiddos honor their mother.

6. My mom and wife are going to be speaking on Mother's Day weekend at PCC. This should be awesome. They are such Godly women of faith and I'm really excited to hear what they have to say. Plus, all the moms that come are going to receive a special gift.

7. This weekend we also have special musical guest and worship leader, Sarah Kelly. You don't want to miss worshipping with her.