Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Highlights

This past weekend was perhaps the best weekend services we've ever had in the eight year history of our church. I can't really put my finger on it, but God just moved in a extraordinary way.

Here are some of the highlights:

*We kicked the weekend off with a Group Leaders conference. Over 100 leaders showed up and many of them committed to lead a group. Thanks so much to our staff for pulling together an awesome conference.

*Even with a couple inches of snow right before our Saturday evening and Sunday morning services, we still had great attendance. We kicked off the new series, Satan's SexEd. A huge thanks to LifeChurch.tv for inspiring the series and creative elements.

*I preached a message on what Satan doesn't want you to know about sex: Sex is sacred, Sex is sticky, and Sex is serious. Go here to listen to the message.

*You could literally hear a pin drop a few different times during the message which often times was followed by people weeping as the Spirit was ministering among the crowd. Amazing.

*Bekah and I went out on a date Friday night and met a young man, Christian Porter, who was playing some live music. We ended up inviting him to perform at PCC for the new series and he agreed. What an amazingly talented young man. He played "I'm Yours" by Jason Marz and "Collide" by Howie Day. You can listen here at the 34:45 minute mark. Can't wait to hear him next week.

*My friend attended this past weekend for the first-time. He really enjoyed the service and told me he plans on attending for the next two weeks of the series. Really praying for him and his family.

*I took Bekah to see Blue Man Group last night for Valentine's Day. We had an awesome time at the show and dinner with some friends.

*Thanks so much for all those that wished me a happy birthday today. I appreciate all the kind words and sentiments.

*To top it all off, my staff bought me an iPAD for my birthday. Thanks team! You guys rock! Love being your pastor and leader.