Monday, June 07, 2010

Weekend Update

Here are some highlights from this past weekend at PCC:
+I took the weekend off and spent some time with my family while recovering from a bout with laryngitis.
+My friend and former NASCAR driver, Rich Fogel, shared his story of life in the racing community. You can listen to his story here. Thanks Rich! You did an amazing job.
+We had a guest worship leader, Mark Evers, from Reading, PA. I listened to the recording and Mark and the band sounded great.
+The Creative Worship Arts Team did an amazing job with the creative elements. The stage looked awesome. My favorite element was the actual back end of a race car built out of the right stage wall. Wow! Great job guys. You rock. Oh - and I loved the band and singers all in the pit crew jump suits. And the fact that you actually have The King, Richard Petty's, signed door handing from the pipe grid is stinkin' cool too.
+Many people made decisions to receive Christ this weekend! Go God!
+The Saturday night service is still going strong. Thanks everyone for being faithful to attend this service.
+My son, David III, and I went to the race on Sunday. We flew up to the track in a helicopter and had pit passes. What a blast. David still wants to be a motorcycle racer when he grows up though.
+I spent some time with Chase Mattioli, a driver in the ARCA series (a step below the NASCAR Sprint series). What a nice young man and future star in NASCAR. I'll certainly be praying for him as he races next weekend up in Michigan.
+Glad to be back in the office this week after being out sick last week. Still got a lot done from home though.
+Really busy week ahead. Facing another surgery tomorrow though. Please remember me in your prayers.