Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sick Day

Unfortuantely, I've been really sick the past few days. All of my kids were sick over the Thanksgiving Holiday and they decided to share their germs with mom and dad. Bekah is feeling somewhat better. But I'm flat on my back in bed with an upper respiratory infection. I haven't been this sick in years.

Anyway, in between medications, I've been trying to read a bit and make some good use of this downtime.


So, here's a few books I'm currently reading:

Pop Goes The Church by Tim Steven - great read on the church engaging popular culture

Money Matters by Aubrey Malphurs and Steve Stroope - perhaps the most practical and useful book I've ever read on all things pertaining to money and the church. Must read for all pastors.
Church Unique by Will Mancini - this was recommended to me by my good friend Joe Dascenzo at ChangEffect. It's a great resource for us as we are going through the process of reorganizing and reengineering our church strategy, structure and style.