Monday, July 14, 2008

Week At A Glance

This week is shaping up to be full of ministry activity. Here's a brief look at some of the events I am am looking at:

1. Monday

Staff Meeting/Prayer - the staff meets every Monday for prayer and logistical planning. With my Executive Pastor out of town this week, I'll be leading both meetings. I love our staff at PCC and enjoy our times of prayer and planning.

Monday is also a day for follow up. We had lots of first-time guests yesterday and I will be working on follow up contacts today. A number of people have recently given their heart to Christ and we are working to connect them to our Fresh Start class.

I'm also getting together with the Creative Team to plan out the worship elements for Sunday's service, as well as meeting with the Elder Team Monday night for our monthly gathering.

2. Tuesday

Fall Sermon Research - I'll be spending a good deal of my time Tuesday working on my message series for this Fall. I'm reading a book, "The Church of Irresistible Influence" in preparation for for a vision message series in October that I'm thinking about calling, "Simply Irresistible." I'm also working on a staff retreat talk in August.

3. Wednesday

Weekend Sermon Prep - I'm preaching this weekend on the Fruit of the Spirit - Peace. I'm loving the Juicy Fruit series we are in right now. Getting lots of great feedback.

4. Thursday

Wrap up the message notes and get them to the office for print with the rest of the weekend programs, etc. Also have lots of meetings and appointments throughout the day. Thursday is a good day to just meet with people and get lots of administrative work done.

5. Friday

This is my day off! I'll be spending time with my family and maybe get in a round of golf.

6. Saturday

I spend Saturday morning with my family and then spend a four to six hours going over my message for Sunday and just seeking the Lord in prayer in preparation.