Thursday, December 13, 2007

Don't Worry - Be Happy

OK. So it's snowing again. The weather forecasters are calling for a foot of snow today in the Poconos and possibly another 2 feet of snow on Saturday night into Sunday. For a church planter - snow on the weekend is killer. Honestly, the snow has been absolutely destroying the momentum at the church. Four out of the past five Sundays we've had snow and ice just wreck our attendance by 30 to even 50 percent. Of course, that impacts our budget too.

Well, instead of sitting around whining about it (and yes, I've prayed and asked for God's intervention) I've decided to redirect my negative thoughts and sophomoric whining into a more positive outlook.

So, here are 7 things I am happy about today.

1. My wife is pregnant and ready to deliver any day. We love being parents and another child only means more great times in the Crosby house.

2. I'm working from home today. Not only because of the snow storm, but now that we have a home with an office. I am able to spend one day home a week working on my message for Sunday. After slugging it out in an apartment for the past 4 years - living in a home is really sweet.

3. My wife just made a fresh batch of Christmas cookies. That makes me really happy! They are cream cheese cookies with a little walnut on top. Yum-o-licious.

4. I've got a great family. Honestly, I'm so blessed. I married way over my head. I've got two great kids and one on the way. I live in a comfortable home. We all genuinely love each other and enjoy hanging out and spending time together.

5. I get to lead a great church. Pocono Community Church is not normal. It's a dynamic church family where we see lives changed every week. It's so cool.

6. I've got a great staff. The team at PCC has been through a lot of transition this year but we are starting to gain momentum as we work hard to build a culture of excellence and fun.

7. Today I don't have to shave. That makes me happy. Oh - and it really makes me happy that I get to be used by God to help others.